Emotional intelligence is someone’s ability to express and manage feelings appropriately while respecting the feelings of others. This is a type of intellect that is necessary for everyday life, especially as your child grows older and becomes their own person. When compared to a child who screams or says hurtful things when furious, high EQ children can build good relationships with their feelings and other people through emotional awareness.
A Promising Tomorrow Early Care & Educational Center, as a preschool in Toledo, Ohio, makes it a priority to assist our students in becoming well-rounded persons. Our activities are designed to encourage children to discover and develop their inner selves as well as their surroundings. Emotional intelligence abilities can be learned by any child. They only require instruction from adults.
Here are the benefits of having high EQ as a child:
- Forming better relationships with others
- Higher success during adulthood
- Improved mental health
- More engaged in school
- Become more empathetic
Our child care services would also like to share some tips on how you can raise an emotionally intelligent child at home. Raising your little ones can be tricky but with the right assistance, you won’t have to rely on hope alone.
- Give a name for your child’s emotions. Help them identify their feelings by teaching them positive and negative emotional words.
- Show empathy and validate their feelings.
- Be a good role model and show them how to express their feelings appropriately.
- Teach coping mechanisms to appease strong urges or emotions.
- Develop problem-solving skills at home.
Give your child a headstart.
Should you want to learn more childcare tips, make sure to visit our daycare in Ohio.