Music plays a huge role in our culture. You see it present in many aspects of our lives: movies, holidays, church service, theater, military ceremonies, and preschool in Toledo, Ohio.
In a 2016 study conducted by the University of Southern California’s Brain and Creativity Institute, it was found that musical experiences in childhood can accelerate brain development, particularly in the areas of language acquisition and reading skills.
So, today, A Promising Tomorrow Early Care & Educational Center is giving you this list of tips on how to nurture your young child’s love for music.
- Make listening to music a family bonding activity. Whether you’re at home or on the road, listening to music with your children is a great way to nurture a love for it.
- Sing their favorite songs together. Teach them simple nursery rhymes to enrich their vocabulary and improve their listening skills.
- Make a music video/track together! Let him/her hear what they sound like when they sing.
- Attend concerts together. Let your kids experience music with other people.
- Encourage them to take music classes. Or better yet, take one with them!