* Required Information

How do I apply for Early Childhood Education Services (ECC)?

  • Complete the screening tool, JFS 01121.
  • Submit this form to your provider.
  • Do not submit the form to the Ohio Department of Education.
  • Your provider will let you know if you qualify.

How do I apply for Publicly Funded Child Care?

  • Complete the screening tool, JFS 01121, and the JFS 01122 Publicly Funded Child Care Supplemental Application, answering as many questions as you can. Be sure to sign the application.
  • Submit both the JFS 01121 and JFS 01122 to your local county agency.
  • Attach verifications to the JFS 01122 (see verification requirements below).
  • A verifications checklist will be mailed to you within 10 days of your application date if more information is needed to make a decision on your case.
  • You will have 30 days from the date the county receives your application to provide all needed information

What verifications do I need for publicly funded child care?

  • Proof of income: Verification of all money coming into your household (such as pay stubs, tax records, award letters, child support).
  • Proof of any child support paid.
  • Proof of citizenship or qualified alien status for children in need of care: If the county agency verifies that a caretaker receives or has received OWF for a child, verification of citizenship is not required.
  • Proof of a qualifying activity for all caretakers in the household: Verification of a qualifying activity includes but is not limited to an official school schedule, work schedule, employment verification, self-sufficiency contract, etc.
  • Provide the name and address of an eligible child care provider chosen for each child in need of care. (See below for tips on choosing a provider).

What is Step Up To Quality?

Step Up To Quality helps families identify child care programs that go beyond the minimum standards of licensing. Star Rated programs demonstrate higher levels of quality in a variety of ways. For more information, visit our website at http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/index.stm and click on "Step Up To Quality."

How do I choose a Provider?

ECC: If you would like to view a map of early childhood education providers, visit http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Early-Learning/Early-Childhood-Education-Grant.

Publicly Funded Child Care: Parents may select any program approved to offer publicly funded child care or early childhood education. These programs include centers, family child care homes and in-home aides located throughout the state of Ohio.

  • If you would like assistance with selecting a publicly funded child care provider, you may contact your local Child Care Resource and Referral Agency. Visit http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/families.stm for contact information.
  • You may use the ODJFS Child Care Directory to look for programs that fit your child care needs at http://childcaresearch.ohio.gov/. You may search by location, type of program, and by ages of children who need care. You will be able to learn more about each program including Step Up To Quality rating, any additional accreditation or affiliation, and view all licensing inspections and complaints substantiated within the past three years.

When will my eligibility begin?

ECC: You will be notified by your provider when you may begin care.

Publicly Funded Child Care: Eligibility for the child care program is determined within 30 days from the date the signed application is received by the county. If this application is approved and you are eligible for child care benefits, the county agency may authorize payment for child care from the date the county received this application.

What if my child has a disability or I suspect my child may be developmentally delayed?

  • To learn more about Medicaid health screenings and early intervention services for your child, please visit the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services child care website at http://jfs.ohio.gov/CDC/childcare.stm and click on "Families."
  • Publicly Funded Child Care: Your child care provider may qualify for additional assistance if they must make special adaptations for your child. Your provider may contact your county agency for more information.

How do I make a complaint about a provider?

ECC (ODE): If the program is licensed by ODE, call 614-466-0224.

Publicly Funded Child Care (ODJFS): If the program is licensed by ODJFS, call 1-877-302-2347, option 4

Tell us about you (the applicant)

Tell us about the people in your home

Tell us about your needs for your child(ren)

Child 1
Child's Needs
What hours/days do you need services? (i.e. child care or preschool) Check all that apply

Child 2
Child's Needs
What hours/days do you need services? (i.e. child care or preschool) Check all that apply

Child 3
Child's Needs
What hours/days do you need services? (i.e. child care or preschool) Check all that apply

Tell us about your finances

Income refers to all the money that you and the people in your home receive such as earnings from employment, child/spousal/medical support, disability benefits, retirement benefits, Workers’ Compensation, Social Security, SSI, Veterans Benefits, etc.

Please complete the form below.
Work or School Schedule (please list times)

Work or School Schedule (please list times)

Work or School Schedule (please list times)

Work or School Schedule (please list times)

Work or School Schedule (please list times)

Please download the form you are required to fill out. For further questions regarding our forms, please don’t hesitate to reach us at 419-244-5348.

Select a country first.